Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Writing High

Man, I feel like I'm on a writing high or something. The buzz from being able to write is just indescribable if you've never experience it before. And after 4 years of writers block on three previous projects, it feels ESPECIALLY GOOD to be able to write freely and with almost no snags.

Sure, there are certain points when I hit a snag and I'm not sure what's going to happen next. But for the most part, I've been breezing right through this thing. I was at 13,0001 last time I updated this blog - sometime Wednesday night. I'm up to 17,200 now. That feels so good. I started this project Monday night, I believe, and I've written 17,200 words in about 3 and a half or 4 days. It's incredible and awesome and unbelievable.

I feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest, and like some of my anxiety has disappeared. because for a long time, I went through this period where I was almost panicking, wondering if I'd ever be able to write something of my own creation again without getting stuck after only five pages. Writing is one of my stress outlets and without it, I felt lost.

But I'm back in the saddle, guys! And I'm so excited to get to the end of this WIP. Because despite the fact that I basically know how it's going to end, I still can't wait to see it happen! It will also be sad though. Because if I finish this and then hit writers block again on all other WIPs or new projects, that weight might come back. I'm hoping I can use this new writing style I'm using, though, and keep writer's block at bay from now on.

So my goal for today: 20,000 words. That may or may not happen, just because I have a group project to work on from 4pm until about 12 am, and then work tomorrow morning. But we'll see. I'm not holding myself too firmly to my goals right now, but it's nice to have a starting point and ending point. And it feels good to hit those goals, too. It makes me feel accomplished and excited.

So, I have a little more time before I need to go drop something off at work, get lunch, and go to class. In the meantime, I'm going to keep writing, and I'll keep you guys posted as things happen :)

Until Next Time
Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment